Monday, April 13, 2015

Milwaukee - Atlanta - San Hose - April 13

The day is here, the start of our vacation. The plans are to leave by 9:00 AM, park our car at Fast Park and fly out of Milwaukee.

The flight leaves at 12:17 PM and arrives in Atlanta at 3:08 PM, where we change planes.

All went according to plan, we even had time to grab a sandwich at the Milwaukee airport.

The first leg of the flight was on a MD 90, and there was some light turbulence on the way and typical of the MD 90, it was quite bumpy. Fortunately it didn't last the entire duration of the flight, which was about 2 hours.

The cabin crew was all very pleasant and served complimentary soft drinks with pretzels or cookies. I took the cookies with their Starbucks coffee and have to admit that it was one of the best coffee I have had on an airplane.

We landed in Atlanta, 20 mins ahead of schedule and made it to the international terminal without any problems, thanks to a security guard who gave us some detailed directions.

I caught up with my emails, Facebook etc, during the layover.

The second leg of the trip is on a 757, which is not one my favorites either but smoother than the MD series.

We needed to fill out our customs and immigration form enroute, keep forgetting this is an international flight. The short duration and the lack of meals makes me think it's domestic.

We did get served a decent ham and cheese sandwich and I had a coupon for a glass of wine, so it wasn't too bad.

The flight was reasonably smooth although we landed about 15-20 mins late. Immigration, customs, and luggage was quick and easy and we were met and transferred to the Marriott as promised.

This is a beautiful old world hotel in the middle of a coffee plantation. Decided to stay in for dinner, and ordered the calamari and the sea bass.

There was strong cell reception and free wifi in the common areas, and paid in the rooms.

The calamari breading was a bit saltier than I like but the calamari itself was very good as was the sea bass. The server was very pleasant and it was a good experience.

Went to bed around 11:30 and surprisingly had a hard time falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment